J.G. (Jace) Kohlmeier
Jace Kohlmeier grew up in Sarnia, where he attended Hanna Memorial Public School, Sarnia Central Collegiate, and Northern Collegiate. Jace studied Economics at Queen’s University and attended the University of Western Ontario, where received his Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) (with distinction) in 1979. He was called to the Bar in 1981 and has practised with George Murray Shipley Bell, LLP since his call. Jace became a partner at the firm in 1983.
Jace’s preferred areas of practice are corporate and commercial, real estate, wills and estate planning. He is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, as well as the Canada Tax Foundation. Jace successfully completed the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountant’s In-Depth Tax Course in 1996.
Jace’s extensive professional and community involvement includes:
- Chair of the Sarnia-Lambton Business Development Corporation
- Committee member for “Fore the Cure” annual charity golf tournament for breast cancer research
- Past Chairman of the Lambton Law Association
- Past Director of the Sarnia Downtown Business Improvement Area
- Past Director of the Sarnia Family YMCA
- Past President of the Sarnia Family YMCA (1986-7)
- Former Coach in the Huron Lakers Girls’ Basketball Program
Jace is married to Denise Kohlmeier, who was the head of the physical education department at St. Christopher Catholic Secondary School in Sarnia. Jace and his wife have three daughters: Amy, Alyson, and Kristin. Amy and Alyson are accomplished middle distance runners, and both have represented Canadian international teams. Jace is an avid amateur golfer.