Our Estate Planning Lawyers :
Enlisting the expertise of an estate planning lawyer provides hardworking people with the ability to ensure their loved ones are secure. Everyday people sometimes believe that simply executing a last will and testament effectively conveys their wishes. While that document has value, the guidelines continue to evolve, and smart decisions require a skilled estate planning lawyer. At George, Murray, Shipley, Bell, LLP, we provide determined estate planning services to our Sarnia-Lambton community members.
Estate Planning Services and Support
At George, Murray, Shipley, Bell, LLP, we understand that the outcome of estate planning services has a deeply personal impact on your family. That’s why we take the time to listen to the wishes of our valued community members and craft an estate plan that best achieves your goals. Our team of estate planning lawyers offers families in Southwestern Ontario legal support and services relating to estate planning, including:
Give Your Estate Planning Goals Force of Law
It’s not uncommon for people to say things like, “I want everything to go to my children or spouse.” But turning that idea into an act of kindness that is fully supported by legal documents and current law can be quite complicated. There is no one-size-fits-all file you can download and fill out. Bringing the subtleties of your vision and unique assets into a legally actionable estate plan requires legal precision. We begin by listing to your goals, compiling information, and making a full inventory of assets. These are strategies we can put to work for you.
- Customize Your Will: This legally binding document can often be refined to seamlessly transfer assets to your beneficiaries. It also requires routine updating as your portfolio changes and grows.
- Establishing Trusts: Our estate planning legal team will provide a consultation that weighs the pros and cons of the various types of trusts so that you can make an informed decision.
- Avoid Probate Fees: Although wills are often reviewed by Probate, there are changes you can make to how assets are held. This can result in avoiding unnecessary fees.
- Match Legal Instruments: A diverse financial portfolio can often utilize a variety of estate strategies to maximize the benefit your loved ones receive. We make a full review of your holdings, wishes, and advise you on the best way to achieve your goals.
- Ongoing Estate Planning: The first step toward protecting your loved ones is to create a detailed estate plan. Our legal team checks-in about asset management and life changes. We believe estate planning services are important to revisit on an annual basis or when circumstances mandate.
- Power of Attorney: It’s essential to authorize someone you trust to fulfill your personal and financial wishes if you are unable. We craft the legal documents necessary to empower someone you trust.
Experienced Estate Planning Professionals in Sarnia, Ontario
If you have not completed a detailed estate plan or need to update an existing one, contact the team of legal professionals at George, Murray, Shipley Bell, LLP.